Taiwan Voice & Data Mobile Plans

Friday, November 4, 2011

If you are interested in getting a Taiwan line with either voice or data mobile plan, try FarEasTone (远传) or Taiwan Mobile (台湾大哥大). Where the former offers overall cheaper calling service, the former offers better coverage. For data plan wise, both offers the same rate:

TypeNo of HoursFee (TWD)
1 Day
24
$100
3 Day
72
$250
5 Days
120
$350

Note: Bring along your country's Identification Card on top of your passport in order to purchase the sim card.

Also, it is cheaper to buy the sim card at the airport than at convenient store. As the instructions / promotion at the airport doesn't seem to mention anything about service fee, it seems to suggest that you might get more value in your SIM card when you buy it at the airport. 

As for me, I got my Taiwan Mobile SIM card at XiMen's Taiwan Mobile store, I'm paying like $800 for a $595 valued SIM card, which means, I'm paying like $205 for the service provided. But at least I got the necessary help to get my APN configured. The customer service didn't managed to help much, perhaps due to communication issue. Also, the connection is really very good, my reception was full bar even at Yeliu!

Should you auto configuration tool failed to work, the APN Name for Taiwan mobile is "Internet", leave the rest of the settings blank. (Similar to our Singtel configuration) That's the service I'm using so I only have the configuration for that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment