Journey to Yeliou (野柳)

Sunday, January 29, 2012


One of my dreams is to be able to see the Queen's Head while it's still intact. Hence, I've planned one day in my itinerary for the visit. It's quite a long way from Taipei. But still I'm pretty lucky that it is still located in Taipei so there's no need to take any Hi-Speed train or whatever just to get there.


Following the guide, we took the MRT (捷运) to Taipei Main Station (台北车站) then took the Train (台铁) to Keelung (Jilong/基隆). The journey from Taipei to Keelung is about 35 mins according to be book. In fact, we are pretty lucky to be taking the Express Train (自强号) instead of the normal train, so it's actually a bit faster but I had forgotten how long is the exact journey, probably around 30mins or so.

Here comes the train...


Finally, we alighted at Keelung (Jilong/基隆) to change to the bus. While waiting for my partner who's at the loo, I took a photo with the building in the area. Quite a big place and I wonder where is the bus stop?


Some helpful people guided us to the bus stop below the overhead bridge near the Hang Yun Building (航运大楼). So we took the Keelung Bus (基隆客运) from Keelung towards Jin Shan line (基隆至金山线). The bus number is 1022 according to Wikipedia. The F1 Bus driver will bring you to Yeliu (野柳) in about 30 - 45 mins depending on the bus waiting time. We actually got the uncle to inform us that we had reached the station as we weren't too sure if we will be able to tell where to alight.

Next, I'll be sharing more on the places we saw in Yeliu (野柳) apart from the Queen's Head..

0 comments:

Post a Comment