Hua Xi Jie Night Market (华西街夜市)

Tuesday, December 20, 2011


The night market stretches from Guang Zhou Jie (广州街) all the way up to Section 2 of Gui Yang Jie (贵阳街二段) with a length of about 352m. It is the most prominent night market in Xi Men area yet not as commercialized as the Shih Lin Night Market (士林夜市). For those who enjoyed shopping till late night should visit the area, where you can shop till you drop. I think this is where I bought 2 pairs of boots lol!

Unlike Hong Kong, the Taipei's night market has small stores along the streets and small stalls between the streets. Most importantly the permanent stores along the street have much more variety than those in the Hong Kong Street that I saw during my last trip. At least, that's my impression. But then again, I'm not familiar with Hong Kong, so we didn't actually visited much night market in there. Whichever the case, I would say that all Taipei's night markets that are convenient should be visited as they are really an eye opener for me!

How to get there: Take the MRT 搭捷运 (Bannan line 板南线) to 到 Long Shan Si 龙山寺, alight at Exit 1 一号出口下车. Turn right 右转, walk along Xi Yuan Road until 沿着西园路走到 Guang Zhou Jie (广州街) Long Shan Si 龙山寺, Turn left 左转, walk until you see the night market 至到夜市.

Est. Walking Duration: 3 Mins

0 comments:

Post a Comment