Sunset @ Tamsui, Fishermen's Wharf (淡水, 渔人码头的夕阳)

Friday, May 11, 2012

During my 2nd Taiwan Trip, I finally got a chance to watch the lovely sunset at the famous Tamsui - Fishermen's Wharf (淡水, 渔人码头). My dreams came true, with a free trip thanks to my boyfriend and my company - Jetstar. So I only need to pay for my spending during the trip :D I'm so blessed.

Here's the fishermen's boats perhaps...

That's a self taken photo with the strong wind blowing at my and the sun almost setting behind me

With my new camera (my birthday present), I managed to take a paranomic photo of the sunset and the area. Well, it's dark as the sun is setting..

Here's me with the sunset :D

There are 3 main area that you can watch the Sunset from, in fact, this place is in existence for the sake of admiring the beauty of the sunset.
  1. The sunset platform (higher ground)
  2. The protruding side of the harbour (lowest ground)
  3. The lover's bridge
  4. Well, the 4th place is unless you are lucky enough or is able to time very well, on the boat itself through the glass panel (if you do get the first row view), for this, no photos for you as it's really hard to take one with the moving boat.

Here's the sunset platform, built to admire the beautiful sunset. On a weekday, you might get a chance to see the beauty of the sunset along with the reflection on the floor.

Here's the sunset there I took at the 2nd location, sitting on the stones of the harbour where people are fishing at. I felt closer to the sunset here.

This is a miniature photo of the lover's boat with a speeding boat. As it's kind of too far for me to reach after taking so many sunset photos, by the time, I'm there, the sun had set already.

This is the view of the other side of the bridge, where you might get to see sunrise (cos the other side is sunset, so this side must be the sun rise).


Here's the lover's bridge, with a couple on the bridge and it's not us :P The night view here is nice because of the lights that are on once the sun sets..

Here's a glimpse of the shops next to the harbour, where they existed, I felt, to support tourism in the area.

How to get here:

  1. This place is in Taipei, Tamsui MRT Station (台北,淡水捷运站).
  2. Take either a bus (about 1/4 the price but slower, Red 26);
  3. or Take the boatTWD$50 (1 way) / TWD$100 (return) to Fishermen's Wharf around sunset timing, preferably on a weekday (remember my last trip's lesson at Tamsui?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment