Taipei, Here I come!

Monday, October 31, 2011

The lovely looking cloud welcomed me to Taipei
I woke up at around 4am on the 18th Oct, 2011 to catch my 7am flight to Taipei on Jetstar! Although excited about my trip, I still felt very sleepy and struggled to wake up for the trip. Thanks to my beloved partner for waking up even earlier to pick me up and send me to the airport, we managed to board the flight on time and are on our way to Taipei.

As you can see, here's the contrast of
my hardworking partner vs the sleepy head - me. :P
Of course, a playful photo of me & piggy.
Who's the piggy here?
*Pointing at each other*
After around 4 hours 50 mins of flight, we arrived at the Taoyuan Airport. Here's some photos of the beautiful side of the airport.
Even Toilet Walls are Beautiful
There are bathrooms available but you will need to
pay to use and there is actually time limit
Airport Toilets are full of instructions
They even provide hot and cold water dispenser
Lovely public lounge for those to rest during transit
I'd recommend that you exchange your country's currency to the Taiwan Dollar (TWD) at the Airport as that's the place with one of the best exchange rate in Taiwan. If you happened to arrive at the Tao Yuan Airport, try the Mega ICBC Bank (the 2nd money changer within the Transit area). There are actually many money changer within and outside the transit area. So don't worry about the queue, just visit the next one. In fact, after looking at the various exchange rates available in the airport, I found out that the 2nd money changer the Mega ICBC Bank offers the best rate. If you find the queue still very long, try out the other money changers within the transit area as the exchange rates there are slightly better.


To change the Taiwan dollar back to your own currency, you might want to try the money changer at your own country, who knows, you might make some money in the process. :) As the rates you get in Taiwan is really very good but not so when you change back.


After leaving the transit area, we took bus 1819 at about $125 per head to the Taipei Main Station. They had someone to help carry our luggage onto the luggage compartment of the bus, so I would say that their service is excellent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment