Me & My Travel Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hi,

Just to side track a little from my usual tour / trip reviews, I will share with you today one of the reasons why I setup and wrote this blog. Apart from sharing my view point with others and wanting to help others who might also be interested to perhaps planned on their trips to the places I had been as well, this blog helps me to track on the places that I had been to as well. It helps me in locating each interesting places that I might want to visit again the next time round, so that it's actually easier to find my way around. :)

If you do know me as a friend, you would know that apart from my dream to travel around the world, one of my dreams is also to achieve financial freedom. So that I can wake up everyday, feeling happy and carefree. I would say that there's 101 or more ways to achieve my financial freedom target / dream, from MLM (multi-level marketing) business, investments, internet marketing, to even doing your own business. Opportunities are actually everywhere, I just need to find that one that suit me most. Hopefully, it'll be me doing whatever that I do best and enjoying my life during the process.

I had friends that called to ask me join the travel MLM company which sounds interesting at first but as I think more into it, is that really something that suits me? If I'm an end-consumer, will I pay that much money to enjoy that kind of discounts, I asked myself? Well, if you know my character, the answer is certainly no. I usually go on free and easy trips and do self planning on my own itineraries. I get to go for trips where I can spent way less money as compared to a tour package. 

Do you know that for my last Taiwan trip (8 days, 7 nights), I spent merely ~$500 per person on flights and hotels. Btw, that was confirmed flight and hotels. Probably ~$500-600 of pocket money mainly on the items that we bought home. After all, I bought a nice looking bag and 2 pairs of expensive shoes, which contributes to the bulk of the expenditure. 

As compared to the $700 Hong Kong (5 days, 4 nights) trip offer that my friend told me, it wasn't exactly very attractive. To me, backpacking was the experience and the process on how we can get the best deals within our knowledge so that we have more budget to do shopping :P So in the end, I decided that I should just reject the kind offer of my friends and perhaps work on my personal stock investment plan to achieve my dreams instead.

That's all about me. I hope my blog had helped you in one way or another and you will come back to read more.

Thanks for reading. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment